My first dollhouse furniture project (I must admit, it shows). All you need is cardboard, polyfill, fabric, glue and a LOT of patience. Here what I did, step by step:
1. Design the back and front pieces.
2. Cut the pieces out from cardboard.
3. You will generally need the following pieces for each sofa (back, front, bottom and side arms. In addition, pictured above back cushion and a seating cushion that you can cut later, after you know how much space you have left after upholstering). The back, front and bottom you would also need cut from a lighweight cardboard.
4. After you glue the bottom, back, front and arms together, add some fillers on the sides:
5. Add the upholstered bottom.
6. Make it all comfy with polyfill ( little seating pillow not pictured, I was too excited to be taking photos I guess)
7. Add front and back.
8. There you go, you got yourself some sofas. Now try to unstick your fingers :D
If my bla above is too hectic to follow, I can recommend the best ever dollhouse miniature tutorials done by a real professional, Kris Compas. Link here: